Thank you for choosing go pamper. We take our privacy very seriously. Our policy is to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
go pamper has corporate policies and procedures in place to ensure that personal information is handled in at least in accordance with all legal and business requirements, specifically, pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act(PIPA) and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA) where applicable.
Such privacy legislation governs our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is any information, recorded in any form, which can be collected either directly or by inference by, including but not limited to, when you visit our Website, register on the Website, place an order on the Website, submitting content, respond to a survey, posting a review, fill out a form(s), requesting information, and singing up, in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website. You may be asked as individual or business your, as appropriate, name, photographs, mailing address (including postal code), telephone number, date of birth, financial information, email address.
We will collect personal information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You or your business can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you or your business from engaging in certain Website related activities.
Website reporting activity and tracking information which does not identify a specific individual, is not Personal Information.
We collect Non-Personal Information when you interact with our Website. Non-Personal Information may include the type of browser you are using, the type of computer you are using, the Uniform Recourse Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited after leaving our Website, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address, and technical information about your means of connecting to the Website.
We may use this Non-Personal Information to troubleshoot, analyze trends, gather demographic information, and for marketing purposes.
We collect the following types of information:
- Member Information: If you create an account on our Website, we may store and use your full name, email address, postal code and other information you may input such as gender, birthdate, occupation, and photograph.
- Content You Post on the Website: Anything you post on the public parts of the Website is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, comments, likes. We may display this information on the Website, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Website, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses.
- Communications: When you sign up as a member you are opting in to receive communications from our other Website users, businesses, and our Website itself. You can manage your email preferences but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from our Website.
- Financial Information: If you make purchases through the Website, we may collect and store certain information about you to process your requests and populate forms for future transactions, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your requests. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- Website Activity: We may store information about your use of the Website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Website, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Member Surveys and Forms. We may periodically conduct both business and individual member surveys and/or forms on a voluntary basis. We encourage our members to participate in these surveys and/or forms because they provide us with important information that helps us populate the Website, improve the types of products and services we offer, and how we provide them to our members. We may take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Surveys and/or Forms and combine, or aggregate, it with the responses from other members we may have, to create broader, more generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to the members, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be share with third parties.
USE & DISCLOSURE
We may store the information you submit to or through the Website, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Website.
We collect and use your Personal Information only with your knowledge and consent, for the following purposes, provide the Website’s functionality, improve the Website’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Website, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Website, display relevant advertising, provide member support, message you, email you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Website, and comply with legal obligations. We also use Personal Information you provide to:
- Verify and confirm your identity;
- Provide our products and/or services;
- Communicate with you through any of e-mail, phone or letter, with respect to provision of products/services, or respond to any inquiries you may have;
- Conduct our operations and minimize our business risks; and
- Fulfill regulatory and legal obligations;
If you do not agree with these terms and do not provide consent to us to collect the required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
We recognize and understand the sensitivity of your financial information, as such, we maintain strict confidentiality of your information. Further, we do not sell, trade, license, rent, lease, exchange or otherwise make available any of your financial information to third parties.
Personal Information may also be subject to transfer to another organization in the event of a merger or change of ownership of all or part of go pamper. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
We may be required to disclose specific Personal Information your consent, when necessary to comply with law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests, rights, privacy, property or safety of an identifiable person or group, or prevent fraud. In such event, we will inform you as quickly as reasonably practical.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
go pamper keeps Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected—for you to participate in our programs and Website activities. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date. When your Personal Information is no longer required for our purposes, we have procedures in place to destroy, delete, or erase it.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
go pamper endeavours to maintain physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our possession of your Personal Information so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification following generally accepted Canadian industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As there is no method of transmitting or storing information that is completely secure, we are committed to maintaining strict physical, electronic and procedural safeguards which comply with provincial and federal legislation to protect your Personal Information. The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in Canada.
We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
We protect personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Information is accurate and complete. We rely on you to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect your relationship with us. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know and we will correct it on request wherever possible. In some cases we may ask for a written request for correction.
Maintaining the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal Information is a high priority.
We review and improve our security standards, practices and procedures as needed to protect against unauthorized access and use of the Personal Information.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
QUESTIONS/CONCERNS/COMMENTS AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of receiving your written request.